Saturday, May 2, 2009

May challenge entry.

Karina over on Cara Craft forum set this months challenge. I hosted last month so I hope it wasn't too daunting to walk in my footsteps. Yes, I'm joking and having a little laugh to myself here! It was a wonderful challenge that immediately made me think of something I really wanted to do. And so I started. But as usual I ended up with something completely different to what I had in mind. No matter because I like it. It actually really does look better in real life! It's all scuffed, distressed, and inked but you can't really see it here. I was trying to print out a photo in sepia or black and white but printer isn't playing nice so I just grabbed one from the pile I've been meaning to scrap! I like how it turned out in the end and it was lovely to have messy inky fingers again after a long break! Thanks Karina!
If you click on the photo for the larger image you might see the distressing better. I really loved how the edges came out....

2 comments:

Lou Fu-Fu said...

Very nice distressing job!! It's very restrained though lol in a good way, I turn into a mad woman and theres paper flying everywhere and dust in my eyes, ohhh a rip nevermind it adds character but I think I prefer your style!
Really is such a sweet LO, can I borrow your kids for a few LO's?

kiki's page said...

just getting time to blog hop now so thought i would comment on your lovely L.O. glad the challenge kicked you into shape to do this!! lol!