Monday, March 31, 2008

It's all getting back to normal....

...after a 2 week holiday. By holiday I mean the kids were on holidays from school, not that I was sunning myself, drinking Pina-Colada in the beautiful Bahamas (not that I know they are beautiful, I just assume they are-like Beautiful Bray seems lovely right about now, sans kids!)
To be honest, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Cathal gave me the wide eyed "Whatyotakkinbout" stare when I called him for school this morning, but I brought him breakfast in his bed to ease the pain! He eventually got up, got ready and was happy as Larry (do I owe Larry money for that????) going into school. The other two kids I mind were dying to go back. Thanks again GG for doing the morning school runs!
Ohhhhhh, then I had to get "The Missus" out of bed at 11. She was not happy. (Must remember she's probably on old time, so it was only 10 am for her.......) I mentioned a few names of her friends and she was rearing to go! Skipped (no, actually she's not that dainty, she ran hell for leather) in to Naoinra.
Picked all kids up on time (had to set a few timers and kept checking my watch chanting....Danni-20 to 2, Leah-Half 2, Other kids-20 to 3. It takes a bit to get back into it, you know!)

Last weekend my sis G.G. brought Cathal to town to get his Communion outfit. I tagged along like a spare wheel and between the two of them he is now kitted out to his underpants for the big day! I won't spoil the surprise but he's going to look great! Thanks G.G. Love you. x
A photie of when they were in New Look!


We are very lucky to live in an area where some people still keep chickens in their back garden. Cathal LOVES eggs, his only problem is: soft-boiled, fried, scrambled, omlette, OMG the choice is endless, if you soft boil them you could make a sandwich.....It could keep you awake at night if you were that way inclined.
Anyways, he got a Goose egg from a friend of G.G.'s and actually hopped about saying, Omlette, Boil it, No Omlette, No boil it. I waited till he calmed down and....



We boiled it. It wouldn't fit in the egg holders (obviously) so we......



BTW, the other eggs in that pot were from the chickens in a back yard, not MY back yard but a friend of my brother's. Everyone in Carraroe knows how much Cathal loves his eggs! Especially "home-made" and "big" ones!!

3 comments:

Di's Dooodles said...

Oh Neasa, thank you for cheering me up !!! - is that hard boiled or fried !

Neasa said...

Uhhh, hard boiled...did you miss the saucepan of water Dianne???? And the fact that it was still in it's shell in our "make-do" eggholder!!!
You crack me up sometimes!!!

Elisa said...

Neasa, the photo of your DS is soo funny! It is also freaky because I have a similar one taken in Waterford a couple of weeks ago. Hang on for a minute, I'll post it in my blog!