Thursday, November 15, 2007

Uachtaráin na hÉireann

We had a visit today from no other but our Uactaráin na hÉireann, Máire Mhic Ghiolla Iosa (Puter will not let me do a capital I fada????)
There was such an air of festivities in the air. I was so glad I brought the kids down, if I hadn't I'd've missed these:
Kid: So, are we going to see the Queen then?
Mom: No, she's not the queen,
Kid: But is she like the Queen, like our Queen?
Mom: We don't have a Queen, she's our President.
Kid: So she doesn't have a tiara.....
Mom:SSSShhhhhhhhhhh


Child: Why are all the people standing here? Is it for the Prisoner?
Mum: She's not a prisioner, she's the President.
Child: Oh...




Child:Is there gonna be food here? The last time I saw this many people there was loads of food. Where's the food?


My last words outside the hall that she had just vacated (directly across from my friends pub) "I wish I brought my purse"!!!!

A great day was had by all, she came across as a lovely person, no airs or graces about her. I particularly liked how she started her speech. " Go dti mar ata, no no, nil sé sin ceart. Ceach chú bhuil sibh"!!!! To rounds of applause !(Spelling is not correct I'm using phonetic writing here!)
Wow, she is such an elegant lady, plus she's witty and seems to be a real "people person". She spent way more than her "alloted" time of 40 mins opening the new unit and in our local centre for handicapped and disabled children. Tigh Nan Dooley. When I figure out how to post a link I will!
All in all, a great day was had by all.
Go raibh mile maith agat a Uachtaráin,
Ó clann Úi hUallacháin.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

1 comment:

Dawn Wheeler said...

Your kids are right she would look good with a tirra ,lol, glad you had a good time ,Dawnx