Monday, July 30, 2007

Bad blogger.......

It's been ages since I blogged but as my camera is out of action and I'm taking pics on Jerry's camera, which he uploads, and I can't find my stuff, it seems kinda pointless. I started this blog to show my cards but it's turned into a diary for the lack of photos......
Yesterday was Cathals 8th birthday. He doesn't like the whole "party" thing with loads of people, he gets a bit overwhelmed (anyone with an ADHD child knows what I'm saying!) so for the last 3 years he's been allowed to pick a friend and do a "no holds barred" day in town. So this year we; booked and paid for tickets for Simpsons movie, moved quickly to Smyths to spend a voucher he got for his birthday, Maccy D's for a quick snack, into movie (which I recommend for anyone with kids over 7/8ish, I laughed more at them laughing! Although Leah didn't let the side down, she laughed when everyone else laughed and stayed the whole movie!!!!) then across the road for bowling, then the arcade, on the way home Leisureland (another €50!) and Morelli's pizza, chips, battered sausages and snackbox on the way home!
Yes, it would have been cheaper to throw a party, but he doesn't like them. This way, he's happy, and I'm happy that he's happy.
What a beautiful sunny day today in Conemmara. I was sitting outside with my neighbour at 3pm and we were admiring the sun and thirst qualities of it. We decided to have a few drinks at 7 before the sun went down. Talk about a snowball effect! We had a full house by the end of the night. There were fiddles and boudhráns and 2 little Irish dancers (well not really, we need to get them onto classes though!) going at one stage. It's the night's you don't plan that end up being the best. Thanks Mags and James! Great night was had by all! Will post some pics tomorrow.
So I think that's it really unless ye want to hear about how I still have to get the school books, uniforms, lunchboxes, etc etc.......no, didn't think so! Enjoy the weather while it lasts!
Will post pics soon!

4 comments:

gertie (aka aine) said...

im glad the big man had a good birthday!!!

and i like the sound of that party!!!

Kate said...

Welcome back to the land of bloging, I missed ya!!
Sounds like a great party and glad the birthday was enjoyed!!!!

noelle said...

Sounds like an ideal party!!

My blog has been sufferning lately too, but I just wanted to let you know that you've been tagged!!

Kate said...

I've given you an award over on my blog, pop over to receive it.