Before you take the big plunge with your pink sunspecks on into motherhood (or fatherhood, I'm an equal oppurtunity "blogger" here!) please bear these 3 things in mind;
1) They run away and set up camp in your back garden. They don't put the furniture away when they decide to "come home". You will have to do that.
2) This shit doesn't wash off. Ever.
3) They make cool stuff that looks stupid on you, look good. That's just not right.
I will, on occasion, try to mention the good points of being a parent. In the interests of fairness I will delve deep and find 3 reasons TO have kids......
1) It's pretty much THE BEST THING that'll ever happen to you!!! Seriously. Much as I bitch about them. What the hell would I have to talk/bitch about if they weren't here? I couldn't imagine life without them.
2) The smell. There is nothing like the baby smell of a new baby. Or the smell of a sleeping child. (Yes, they smell different when asleep, if you're wondering, you're not a parent)
3) It's a toss up for third place..... the "you're the best Mom ever" after a day out or "your mash is better than her mash" after being at a friends house.....I think the mash wins! I'm not a great cook but Cathal is always guiding and helping me ("How about some more cheese Mom?")
There you go, 3 against, 3 for.
Hope I've been fair.